Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sun Rose Tile

It is summer, full on, hot and dry!

This weather gives me a very different feeling than say, March, when it's grey and drizzly. My creative process is drenched with summer sun, heat, and abundant light! The other day I did catch myself complaining about the heat, and so, once again, it is time to turn that negative into a positive, and embrace it through a hooking project.

This piece, called Sun Rose Tile measures approx 8" x 8". It reflects the good things about summer. A morning with a beautiful sunrise in the garden. A lazy afternoon with ice tea, a good book, a friend, or project. An evening sunset as the outside temperature cools and we can finally open all the windows for the night!

I like to hook small projects as a way to test an idea. Separating the flower petals with a different color isn't a new idea but it is new for me to use the background color as the petals separating line. I like the look it gives the piece, sort of an Arts and Crafts Era feel. I definitely will continue to explore this concept in some of my future designs!

 

I hope you can use this summer heat to spark your creativity too!

You can find many of my patterns and rug hooking related items at my ETSY shop.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment