Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Autumn's Smile

Today I'm feeling nostalgic about summer. I can feel the season change as Fall creeps in with the cool mornings and late in the day, finally warms up a sunny spot in my garden.

Last spring, when I first started blogging, I did a post about all the seasons.

Here is an excerpt from that post about fall and a piece I designed called, Autumn's Smile.

Autumn's Smile, was inspired by a bouquet I picked towards the end of summer. My favorite rose, a heady smelling repeat bloomer, still had a few buds, as well as rose hips forming too. It seemed so poignant to watch right before my very eyes, this summer blooming rose, surrender to autumn. Hence, the name, Autumn's Smile, obliquely refers to William Cullen Bryant's poem. "Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile."

 

 

Autumn's Smile is available in my ETSY shop

 

No comments:

Post a Comment